Hi. I'm Albert, a software developer primarily interested in Linux and security.
- 2023-04-01: Chess: Moving from online chess to over the board events
- 2023-01-26: Fun with Gentoo: Why don't we just shuffle those ROP gadgets away?
- 2022-12-12: Font rendering config on Linux - What they didn't tell you
- 2022-11-07: Masking LUKS/Console passphrase input with asterisks
- 2022-10-27: Recent snap experience is absolutely disappointing
- 2022-08-12: Alpine Linux: When /tmp is not so temporary
- 2022-06-16: Introducing looqs - FTS for your files with previews for search results
- 2022-04-03: In the beginning, there was...
A selected overview of projects I work(ed) on in my free time:
Indexes files into a sqlite-based database to perform FTS searches. Also renders the portions of documents where hits have been found
adhocify allows watching paths for events via inotify to launch commands once they occur.
Painless Linux sandboxing API
qswiki is a wiki written in C++. Primarily written only for myself, it runs this site.
More projects can be found on gitea.quitesimple.org, but most are work in progress and do not have a release yet.